The Globally Harmonized System of Classification and Labelling of Chemicals 7th Edition has now been published in hard copy (July 2017).
The seventh revised edition of the GHS contains various new or revised provisions including, inter alia:
- revised criteria for categorisation of flammable gases within Category 1;
- miscellaneous amendments intended to clarify the definitions of some health hazard classes;
- additional guidance to extend the coverage of section 14 of the Safety Data Sheets to all bulk cargoes transported under instruments of the International Maritime Organisation (IMO), regardless of their physical state;
- revised and further rationalized precautionary statements in Annex 3;
- a new example in Annex 7 addressing labelling of small packagings with fold-out labels.
The electronic (pdf) version is not yet available.